Sunday, December 2, 2012

December Photo Challenge: Day 1



A dear friend of mine, Missy, invited me to join her in a December photo challenge. First, let me just introduce Missy. I met her and her family when I was nine, while we were living in Germany where our dads were both stationed, so we go way back. And while we've lived far apart for many years, Missy, her parents, and her sisters are basically family to us.

As I was saying, Missy, who blogs at Babbling Baker, invited me to do this photo challenge with her. The actual challenge is from A Content Housewife. Feel free to join in! Let me know if you do so I can follow your photos, too. Here's the list of photo themes:


[December%2520Photo%2520a%2520day%2520Challenge%2520copy%255B9%255D.jpg]


I'm a day late, but I'll start with Day 1, which is "Your View Today". Saturday was a busy day and my view kept changing, but here's the part of the day I'm going to share with you. There's actually two photos, and perhaps that will make up for the fact that I'm deliberately skipping a post for Day 2. For now.

In the Northwest, you have three options when it comes to getting a Christmas tree--buy it pre-cut in a tree lot, cut it yourself out in the forest on state land, or do u-cut at one of our many local Christmas tree farms. We take the last option, and we always go to Thornton's Treeland. They have a "small tree" section that generally works pretty well for us.

So there you have it--my view.



 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That fire engine red Jeep brings back memories! I am slightly jealous that ya'll get to go pick out your own at a farm. We get ours from Lowes. Every year. Because we live in Oklahoma. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems like a fun challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete