Saturday, November 22, 2014

Summer Memories: Labor Day Camping

It's November, it's cold and Thanksgiving is coming up, but I've still got pictures from this summer that I'd like to share. First up is our camping trip with friends over Labor Day weekend at Fort Stevens State Park. I didn't get to stay for the whole time, because I had to work, but I had a great time while I was there!

I got to see the Astoria Column for the first time!

"You are here"--at the shiny spot on the map. :-) 

Looking down at the giant Astoria Bridge.

Huge ships on the Columbia.


Do you dare to look over the edge?

The Peter Iredale shipwreck is a major landmark at Fort Stevens--it was my first time seeing that, too.

Christina poses in a rusty frame.





Some of us went back to the shipwreck at sunset.

The moon reflected in the tide pools.



Jumping pictures! 


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful vacation, both of them! Beautiful shots, Ashley!
    I recognize Christina's T-shirt!
    -Kathy

    ReplyDelete