Sunday, September 8, 2013

Labor Day at Cannon Beach

On Labor Day, Christina and I headed down to Cannon Beach to hang out for the day. We had a great time! It was good to get away for a while, even if it was just part of the day. We ate lunch on the beach, walked on the beach, looked at various little shops, walked the beach some more, and had dinner before leaving town. It was raining as we drove over the Coast Range on our way, but the weather actually proved to be pretty good. It was hazy at times, but by the end the clouds had lifted off and it was quite sunny!

I've taken pictures at Cannon Beach numerous times and I wanted to travel light this time, so I brought one lens, my little 50 mm. Throughout the rest of this post I'm afraid you will see lots of Haystack Rock. There's something about it--it's just so hard not to include it in beach shots. I think it's partly because it provides a frame of reference. I was fascinated by how the pictures turned out differently, depending on the lighting and the tide at the particular time I took the picture. 








Horses! This looked like so much fun.

This looked like fun, too!

 One girl (that's Christina) against a big ocean.


Windswept.









Sandy beach feet.


When we got to the base of Haystack Rock, the tide was out, so the base was exposed. There were all these signs around the perimeter warning visitors not to trespass. We could still get close enough to see some tide pool creatures, though.

Sea anemone
 Star fish

No comments:

Post a Comment