Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Other Side of Life in Hawaii

My month in Hawaii is almost over.  I realize that from what I've posted you may have gotten the impression that all I've done here is play every day.  That's not the reality, though.  We get out and play, but I've been living in a family that has to do lots of normal, everyday stuff.  I try to help where I can.  Those things don't normally lend themselves to pictures, though.  Trips to the commissary (grocery store) don't make good pictures.  It's been good for me to experience life in a busy family with four kids.  I get opportunities to help with things that I didn't have back home--like reading to somebody or watching the baby.  I also do a little bit of my own school and try to keep up violin some.  So while those things don't really get on to my blog posts, they are happening. 

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart, Ashley. I'm certain noone thinks of you as the sit-around-and-do-nothing-except-play-while-mooching-off-some-folks type of person.

    I know you've been a big blessing, because that's who you are!

    Godspeed on your return trip!

    ReplyDelete