Saturday, March 27, 2010

I'm here

Thursday I arrived safely in Honolulu.  Some of you already know my story.  For those of you who might still be wondering what I'm doing in Hawaii I'll try to explain it the short way.  Some friends of ours from a former church are stationed here right now.  I volunteered to come and be extra hands, help with the kids, etc. while their dad is deployed.  I'll be staying for about a month.  It's been fun and good to have a change of pace.       

Here's me with the kids in front of the house right after I got there.  They gave me a lei--it was so sweet!


I have already told people that I would try to blog more often while I'm here, and I will.  So stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. Hey! I didn't know you were in Hawaii: it sounds like fun!

    Have a great time - and I'm looking forward to seeing posts documenting your stay. :-)

    In Christ,
    Galena

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great opportunity for you Ashley. We'll miss you back at home... especially in the alto section during choir. :)
    I'm looking forward to seeing posts about your time there, I'm sure it's just beautiful there. Great for photography right? Will you have much time to explore while you're there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Andra--I'm not sure just how much time I'll have for exploring while I'm here, but I think we'll have some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it there safely. What cute kids!
    I echo what Andra said-you will be missed in the Easter choir this year.

    ~Breanna

    ReplyDelete