Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer Begins

Even though I didn't do nearly a full load of classes this past quarter, I still find myself glad to be finished with them for the summer. One thing I didn't complete was a Whitefield course. That will wait to be completed until whenever I feel ready to get back into some school work--fall at the latest. Right now I really just want to enjoy summer. Hopefully I'll be able to put that time to good use by doing some good reading and catching up on stuff that gets dropped behind when there are higher priorities like finishing assignments on time.

This past week we got to spend time with some out-of-town guests--some very good friends and my grandma. One of the highlights of the week was going to the Coast on Saturday with Grandma. We went to Seaside for the first time, and in our opinion it's definitely not as good as Cannon Beach, which we also went to. The two towns are just fifteen minutes or so apart. Seaside doesn't have the same artsy, quaint feel that Cannon Beach does. Its beach is bigger, but I don't think that really makes it better. I love the Coast; it was good to get back again.
End of the Trail Monument in Seaside
The beach at Seaside
Haystack Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment