Sunday, October 29, 2017

Hawaii

I tagged along with Mom and Dad on a late-September trip to Hawaii. Sadly, Christina had to stay behind for work. We  missed having her with us.

We stayed at Bellows Air Force Station, a lovely little spot which we've visited several times over the years. I won't add too much commentary to these pictures, since I've written about the same place here and here. We didn't do a lot of site-seeing. Instead, it was a trip for resting, relaxing and a whole lot of boogie-boarding. :-)


This the old runway on the airbase. It's no longer in use and is actually part of a "nature trail."


Mom posed for me next to a banyan tree on the nature trail.

This part of the nature trail looked the part. :-)


We took one morning to go snorkeling at Hanama Beach. 

I just snapped this shot, because it looked so funny to me. Hanama Bay is overrun with feral cats. The eight in this picture are just a few of them!

Our little Bellows cabin.



That's Rabbit Island in the background.





This is the view that I always remember when I think of Bellows. Endless sky and endless blue water!

One morning while we waited for the sun rise, I had fun trying to catch shots of these cute little sand crabs. Can you see him?

The first little bit of sunrise color.



There it is!




We spent our last night in Waikiki. I had fun taking some pictures at the beach as the sun was setting. (Bellows is on the east side of Oahu, so we only get sunrises over there.)



The Honolulu skyline from my lanai (balcony).



And that, friends, is finally the last of the summer blog posts! Thanks for sticking with me through all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment