Monday, November 28, 2011

A Cinnabon Recipe!

I've never blogged about food before, but last Saturday I tried a new recipe that I think is definitely blog-worthy! To begin with, a little background. My family loves Cinnabon cinnamon rolls. There used to be a Cinnabon at the Vancouver mall, but it closed and now the closest one is at Lloyd Center. Needless to say, we haven't gotten any in a long time! However, the other day a friend told me about this cookbook called Top Secret Recipes, and that there was a recipe for Cinnabons (thanks, Kathy!). Well, I found it online here. It seemed worth a try. I tried to do it just like the recipe said to and the results were amazing! It truly tastes like a Cinnabon cinnamon roll. Some parts of the recipe are a little unusual. For one thing, several ingredients are measured by weight. It also requires kneading the dough and beating the frosting for a really long time, but it's totally worth it. I'm not sure if my family will ever buy Cinnabon again... 


6 comments:

  1. Wait.. wait.. where's the recipe?! You got me all worked up and craving them and then there wasn't one! ;-) Is it top secret or can you give it out? If the latter, I would love to have it!

    ~Galena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Galena, sorry about that! I had a link, but I didn't realize that I had it set to black text, so you couldn't see it. Anyway, here's the website again: http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/Cinnabon-Cinnamon-Rolls-Recipe.html. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am requesting these next time you do dessert for study!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your welcome, Galena! Mrs. J--that's a good idea! :)

    ReplyDelete