Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Colville and PWP2

Wow... I haven't posted anything for a month.  Sometimes it's hard to know what impact my blogging/not blogging has on my readers.  Do people stop reading when I don't post anything?  How often do they check my blog? Well, if you're a regular reader, let me say two things: 1) thanks for faithfully checking my blog, 2) I'm sorry if you had to check multiple times before anything showed up! 

Last week was very busy for our family.  Mom and Christina went on our church's annual missions trip to the Colville Indian Reservation.  Dad also got to go for part of the week. The team came back with good reports.  To see more about WPC to Colville 2010 check here.

While I wasn't able to go on the trip, I did get to take the team picture before they left.


I wasn't able to go on the missions trip because I was at a photography workshop hosted by IPS.  IPS is a Christian photography organization.  I can say from first-hand experience that they provide very high quality instruction.  This workshop was Prizewinning Photography 2, which focused primarily on portraiture, workflow, and editing.  Some of the highlights were taking urban portraits in Portland, going to Multnomah and Bridal Veil Falls, and going to Cannon Beach.  And there was class time in there, too, so every day was really packed! 

After having said that we concentrated on portraiture, all I'm posting here are landscapes I took during the week.  I don't want to use the portraits on my blog without having asked my "models."  However, hopefully you will see the fruit of what I learned about portraiture in future blog posts.

Multnomah Falls (my second time there this year)

Bridal Veil Falls--my first time there ever


Cannon Beach (second time there this year as well) 


As you can see, it was cloudy that evening on the beach.  We were there to get sunset portraits, so that wasrather disappointing.  It was cool, too, so a nice warm fire felt really good!


For more on PWP2, check out the IPS blog

No comments:

Post a Comment