Saturday, January 10, 2009

More Photography

Photo class is motivating me to take more pictures.  Yesterday Dad and I drove to several spots to look around and take pictures.  I brought both my digital SLR and Dad's AE-1, a manual 35mm SLR.  Shooting in film has definitely shown me how much of a crutch digital can be.  I kept catching myself glancing at the back of the 35mm camera after I took a picture expecting to see what I had taken.
Some of the pics on the digital SLR looked pretty good, so I'll post them up here.  Don't know how the film pics did yet--I'll have to wait till I develop them.  
This is down at the Columbia River near port of Camas/Washougal.  When we were there before there was a pretty wide beach.  This time the water level was high enough that beach was almost entirely gone. 
The river was very still, and the reflection on its surface was pretty.
We also went to Lacamas Lake.  There's a nice trail there that takes you next to the water.  
It's nice that at least some things like ivy, moss, and ferns stay green year long. 
 


This is the view from the path across the water to the north shore of the lake.


It was a lot of fun just to get out and hunt around for something interesting to shoot some pictures of.  Hopefully I'll do it more often now.

No comments:

Post a Comment